Eco-housing Program Wins Award at Asia Clean Energy Forum
The Eco-housing program won the Top Innovation Prize in the â€˜Energy Efficiency Categoryâ€™ at the Asia Clean Energy Forum held in Manila, Philippines on 5 June 2008. This program showcased the unique policy and market development approach used to encourage the wider adoption of energy efficiency practices in the residential sector.
Eco â€“ Housing Highlights: Success Story so farâ€¦.
- Total projects registered: 63
- Projects Completed: 3
- Projects awarded provisional certificate: 42
- An area of 15.05 lakh sq.m with more than 20,000 tenements certified
- Project size ranges from 750sq.m to 1,20,000 sq.m
- 60-65% electricity saving
- 50 â€“ 55% of water saving by waste water treatment, reuse and management
- Complete sewage and solid waste treated on site which reduces the burden on Municipal Systems to a great extent.
- In 15.05 lakh sq.m certified built up area the conventional energy use has been reduced to an outstanding 80,000 units
- Water saving amounting to about 90,00,000 litres/day
- Estimated carbon footprint reduction per year would be around 80,000 tons
- Biodiversity conservation through retention of existing trees on site and native tree plantation, theme parks, restriction in site selection etc.
- Rainwater harvesting and storm water collection and recharge
- Solar water heating
- Renewable energy based outdoor and indoor lighting